Monday 10 December 2012

Chapter 2


Khushi: Jen I have to go home. Mami just called.
Jennifer: Do you have a ride.
Khushi: No I don't, mama dropped me and my car isn't with me. I have to be home in an hour.
Jennifer: Oh, uhm wait, let me ask NK. NK come here!
NK: YE. Be there in a sec
Jennifer: Khushi doesn't have a ride can you drop her home?
NK: I wish I can. I can't leave the party right now. Wait Jen let me ask Arnav he's going home too. He can drop Khushi. Yo Arnav come here!
Arnav: Ye?
Jennifer: Will you drop Khushi home? She doesn't have her car and she needs to go home.
Khushi: Jen it's okay I'll manage!
Jennifer: Tum Chup Karo!
Khushi: But Jen..

Jennifer is the type of girl who strictly believes that first priority is to respect our elders. She's and Indian 25 year old woman. She's always respectful to elders. She believes in god and is VERRY strict with relegion. Aur Agar usne koi Baat tanli Toh tanli. So looks like Khushi is going home with Arnav.

Arnav: Yep no prob, I'll take Khushi home.
Arnav looked directly at Khushi's shy and quite eyes.

*On there way out*

It was a silent and awkward silence. All they could here were crickets chirping and cold wind blowing. Obviously since it was the beginning of December in Toronto.

Arnav: Is everything okay? I'm sorry if I made you feel awkward during that dance
Khushi: No, no it's okay. Everything's fine. No problem at all.

It sounded as though Khushi coughed those words out.

Arnav: As you say
Arnav said smiling

Khushi: *Speaking to her self* Khushi Chup Kar, what are you saying?
Arnav: Did you say anything?
Khushi: No, uhm it's just cold that's it.
She gave a weird smile and Arnav smirked.
Arnav: * To himself* Pagal hai.

*On the highway*
Arnav: Can have your address?
Khushi: Oh, yea sure.

Khushi was in her own world. She didn't know what was going on she was just surrounded with her thoughts. While Khushi was giving out her address, NK had started calling.

Arnav: Hello, ya NK?
NK: Did you drop Khushi home?
Arnav: We are almost there
NK: Oh okay, Jennifer wants to talk to Khushi give her the phone.
Arnav: Khushi Jennifer wants to talk you.
Khushi: Hey Jen I said I'll call you when I get home.
Jennifer: Your Mami called me to ask where you are. Did your phone die?
Khushi: Oh God! Really? I switched it off. Bye Jen. Thanks.
Jennifer: Bye bebe no prob.
Khushi: Here Arnav your phone.
Arnav: Thanks, is everything okay?
Khushi: Yep everything's fine. Mami was just worried because my phone wasn't on.
Arnav: Oh. Your parents don't live with you?
Khushi: No my parents are in India. They sent me to the US to become a lawyer. I lived there for 8 years then I moved here to Toronto to live with Mami, Mama and there daughter Kiren.
Arnav: Oh wow that's cool.
Khushi: What about you?
Arnav: Well I used to live in India. my Di her husband, Nani, Mami Ji Mamaji are still in India, Akshay my brother is the manager of AR designs so he's usually in Europe with me. I moved to Europe 4 years ago right after I started my business AR designs. I was in the US for ten years. My parents live in Delhi but we are all from Lucknow.
Khushi: Oh. We are also from Lucknow, but now we live in Delhi too. Where you born in India?
Arnav: Yea, you?
Khushi: Yep.
Arnav: Well your house is here. It was nice talking to you. See you around.
Khushi: Same here. And you'll see me around a lot. Thanks for the ride.
Arnav: ahahaha don't mention it. Goodnight.
Khushi: Bye Goodnight!

Arnav waited till Khushi went inside her house and drove off.





1 comment: